This tour is for history buffs with an appreciation for British colonial architecture. Resident tour guides expertly weave guests through the bustling and colourful streets of the Falmouth historic district.
- Experience the historic fabric of the town as you stroll through streets over 200 years old.
- View the town’s fine collection of Georgian architecture from the late 18th century cut-stone public buildings of the national monuments – Falmouth Court House, Baptist Manse and St. Peter’s Anglican Church – to the early 19th century brick merchant houses and small frame houses of the freed residents.
- Learn who some of the early residents were and where they lived.
- Visit the William Knibb Memorial Baptist Church and burial site of one of the key players in the movement to abolish slavery.
- Relax in the garden of an early 19th century townhouse at the last stop on the tour.
Tour Request Form